Wednesday 15 February 2012

WATERCOLOURS

This afternoon I have been playing around with watercolours. I find it so hard to paint with watercolours and I envy people who do it well. I have never been very happy with a watercolour painting and I always get very frustrated when I try to use them. I think that I don't like that I can't control them, but then the watercolour paintings I like the most are the messy ones that just look like happy accidents. That is why I decided to give this medium yet another chance. One of my favourite artists that use watercolours is the Swedish artist Lars Lerin, he makes large moody paintings of landscapes and they often include a lonely house and and an ominous sky. The way he paints the light is just amazing.




      My watercolours from this afternoon


    Lars Lerin's watercolours

No comments:

Post a Comment